Thursday, July 11, 2013

Important Journal Update

Good tidings to you, fair reader.


    Today, the city of Deinsport dodged the oncoming rain from the west. We stayed dry, and the sun even awakened from its slumber. With such a shining of brilliance, I took a saunter to the park and began to inspect the Deinsport City Journal's site.

    Normally, we receive anywhere between 5-10 readers a day, and 20-30 readers after a new post. These numbers usually come from the select few that the Journals have been shared with. Unfortunately, most of the numbers also come from random domain sites that advertise strange products like bad infomercials on Sundays. However, we received an astounding 48 views on July 6th, and quite a few views today on the 11th. Of course, more than half of these views are spam, but a good portion of these views are from acquaintances on Facebook and Google+.

    So to you that actually read these journals, thank you.

    Now, upon consideration of this site, I noticed that the "theme" of the blog was a bit... dull  and broken. I also noticed that many posts had strange white highlighting around them. Some journals in "Breakdown", "Controversy", and in the isolated journals of "Everyman" and "I'm Magic" seemed to have this white highlighting, providing a distracting reading experience. I am now correcting these, and most of these journals are now fixed. I would encourage you to read them again if you so desire, since the reading process will not be as painful.

    About the theme,  changed it to be more aesthetically appealing. It looks distinguished in my opinion.

    As another side note, most of the material that Author Bell and Author Anders writes is specifically the "main plot". Other entries shed light into the world of Deinsport, and are just as valuable. However, I felt the need to clarify this after some people seemed confused about the timeline of these journals. I have classified these miscellaneous stories under a certain "label" that you may find in a tab on the right side of the screen.

    Now, I would like to thank those who have written journals for the database. My schedule is busy sometimes, yet these authors really fantastic. A special thanks to Author Anders who has worked with me and motivated me with writing these journals and exploring plot details. I would also like to thank you, the readers, again for reading this material. I appreciate the time you take to enjoy some scrabble that we have put together.

    To break character for a moment, I've been writing these stories to hone my abilities as an author. I've loved creating these stories, and I've already seen improvement in my writing ability. Thank you for supporting me. Yet, my life is going to become very busy soon, and I will not be able to spend as much time as I would like to writing these journals. If I find time, I will still write, but the journals will have to take a backseat for my next adventure in life.

    Thank you for reading this tedious letter. If I may, I would like to make a final request. If you enjoy reading these, please do not hesitate to let me know or to leave a comment on a post. If you see something to improve on, please comment about it. Again, this project is about improving, so as someone documenting the proceedings of Deinsport, I would like to know how to improve on many things.

   May the stories continue.
-The Documenter of Deinsport City Journals

    

No comments:

Post a Comment